Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happenings at A Place in Time on October 16th, 2012

Good Morning Everyone,

It's been three weeks since my last Blog entry and so much has happened in that time. Art and I have been working non-stop to get our new laser's home built and ready to function. My first thoughts, however, are to thank those who have made this all possible. There are so many of you that lent a hand in making the transition of vacating the store. First there was the "breakdown crew". It took a lot of strong backs to remove and box up the store. I was amazed as to how fast it happened. One day there was a store...the next - there was boxes and store fixtures broken down and laid against the walls. For those fixtures that weren't purchased, Priscilla was looking for a non-profit organization that could find a good use for them. Secondly, there was the "moving crew". Once again it took strong backs to load the truck with all the "stuff". Priscilla had the idea to "enlist" the Marines. So she did. She made a phone call and that's all it took. We had our volunteers. I found out on the morning of the move that they warmed up for the move by running 6 miles in about 57 minutes. They provided the muscle that we needed and I am proud to be apart of the family called Marines.

The moved happened and our new location for the laser is almost done. I have to finish the ceiling and apply the siding to the exterior, but we have started accepting engraving orders - our first being a large order for buffet signs for the Four Seasons Restaurant - Pahu i'a on the Big Island. We are using chalkboard paint on acrylic cutouts of the Big Island. These will adorn their buffet line and tell the guests what delicacies they can choose from. I have decide to call our new space "The Laser Den". Sounds kind of nice. The phone company is expected today to provide service to the laser den and then I'll feel that we have been re-born. The phone number will still be 1-808-261-2882.

So what is next? I'm sitting here looking out the window in the newly converted carport and am thankful for the opportunity. I'll keep you informed.

Have a great day.... and I'll see you tomorrow at the Laser Den

Bill
A Place in Time
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com
 

No comments: