Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happenings at A Place in Time on November 19, 2012

Aloha Everyone,

There are 3 holidays during the year that I consider to be my favorite. Christmas is my favorite, Thanksgiving is 2nd because I believe it is closely related to Christmas. Third is the Marine Corps birthday. Those of you that know me understand this. Thanksgiving is this Thursday and Priscilla is planning a "small" gathering. The importance of this day is more than turkey and mashed potatoes. It gives us a chance to reflect and be thankful for the blessings we have. And I have a lot to be thankful for. Have a great day and I look forward to the leftovers.

As I promised, I have the next 3 stencils (new) for your review.

#8.  Sakura Blossom - this is a playful design that offers you the opportunity to be very creative. I think I would use the variegated foils on the leaves (some people would say wings) and embossing powders on the flower. Do the image a second time and cutout the flower and pop it (3d dot) on your original embossed image. It could even spin if you wanted to.


#9 Sakura Sunburst - This almost reminds me of a sand dollar. Use embossing paste and sprinkle beach sand on it. The sakura flower - maybe mix the red and white embossing pastes together to get a softer red. I think this would look stunning on black card stock. Glossy black would look fantastic. Ok... I did it in purple ..Ha! Purple is the favorite color of the ladies on the island.


#10 Sakura Wheel - Dry emboss this with the Big Shot and use your mica powders. Work from dark to light - the darker tones on the outside and gradually getting lighter as it reaches the inner edge of the leaf. Play with the inner "wheel" and be creative. an option would be to layer a clear plastic over the finished image and place a small Asian coin in the center. Apply rub-ons for a sentiment or use another stencil (happy birthday, etc) and embossing paste.


Well, there you have it - nine new designs for you to choose from. You can reach me at 1-808-261-2882. I'll mail your stencils to you if you wish.

All of the images shown above where colored via Photoshop. We still haven't uncovered all of our supplies. I have embossed all of them on the Big Shot and they work beautifully. Please feel free to bring in samples of what you have done and I'll share them on the Blog. Did you know that if you have a scanner ( they're not expensive) you can scan our stencils into Photoshop and color them as I did. It's kind of cool because you can use it as a base color and then dry emboss them on the Big Shot. Try it....

I'm working on more designs and will share them with you as soon as possible.

See you tomorrow,

Bill
A Place in Time
The Laser Den
1079 Liku Street
Kailua,  HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com


No comments: