Monday, August 25, 2014

HAPPENINGS AT A PLACE IN TIME on AUGUST 25, 2014

Aloha Everyone,


         It's the "Dog Days" of August and my air conditioned office feels feels really good. Since it's getting towards the end of the month you are probably wondering what Fran is going to be doing for her class on Saturday August 30th. The class is called "Hip to be Square". For those of us that survived the 60's we know what she means. Those taking the class will be making several cards and the last one is a mini card holder set (3x3 cards). I've seen the samples and what Fran has created is very unique and beautiful.You will find photos of the cards below.The class is from 1:30 - 3:30pm. I'll be seeing Fran tonight and I'll verify the cost. It may be posted on her Blog at littlepaperstudio.blogspot.com. The tools you will need to bring include: paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive ( both tape and glue ), dimensional tape, scoring tool that scores in 1/4" increments, square 1" punch, and a corner rounder. If you have a 1-1/4" square punch bring it also. If you are interested in taking the class please call either Fran or I and we will sign you up.







We received some great news last week. Lynell Harlow (Dreamweaver Stencils) is coming back to the islands. She and Priscilla have been talking and as soon as I know what's happening I'll let you know. I received an e-mail yesterday of a new stencil Lynell has designed - a Jellyfish. I'll try and show you the photo below. Today, as I was about to make a visit it my favorite coffee shop, the postman arrived with 8 boxes sent to us from Lynell. Can't wait to see what treasures they hold. Has Lynell come up with a new technique in using her stencils??? Stay tuned.

Dreamweaver Jellyfish

Upon our return from vacation we have been very busy in the Laser Den. It may not seem like it, but people are starting to place their Christmas orders. We've been working with the Augustine Educational Foundation and have taken their quilt pattern and developed it into a layered bookmark and Christmas ornament. My photos below is a humble attempt to give you an idea of what they look like. The actual samples are really stunning.

Bookmark


Christmas Ornament



The last thing that I have to mention is that we are making progress on our new website. If you have the time, go to ptcraftshop.com and take a look. Under the "Shop" tab we will be showing all of our stencils and offering them for purchase. I like the dynamics of the new website.  


That's all for now. Have a great week and I hope to see you soon,

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI 96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com











No comments: