Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Happenings at A Place in Time on 4-21-15

Aloha Everyone,

It's almost time for Fran's class. This Saturday, the 25th, will be a fun day. So, if you haven't signed up yet I believe there is still a seat or two available. Give me a call.

 I always have to smile a bit - you see after class is over and the tables are cleared it takes Priscilla about 1 day to fill them up with her crafting projects. Mind you, that's 2 eight foot tables. And they stay full until morning of the next class in the following month. I figure those tables are among the best investments we ever made.

In my last blog I mentioned that we are engraving black acrylic and then applying a gold fill. I thought you might like to see another sample of that technique.


The client usually wants their logo on the name tag and we have to covert the image into the language that the laser recognizes. That usually means I have to redraw the logo on the computer. It's fun and challenging at times. Recently, we did a name tag for a school teacher at Enchanted Lake Elementary. The photo below is my black and white drawing that the laser will use to to engrave the wood name tag.

 

Our laser is a tool that can give an amazing amount of detail in the engraving. You can see that in the sample below of the Aztec Calendar. The calendar is a sample I got from Epilog - the person who drew the calendar is probably still recovering from his task :)



I may have mentioned in a previous Blog, that we recently replaced (with Art's able assistance) the laser tube in our machine. It was a great decision because it is now allowing us to do things we couldn't do in the past. Ha! I've had to relearn the speed and and power settings. Guess you can teach an "old dog" something new. Recently, a friend asked if we could engrave the Chinese symbol on a chop. I think I found a solution and that's what we do in the Laser Den - find solutions.

That's all for now. We're currently working on our Web Site, Facebook, and other elements so that we can reach and help more people. I'll keep you updated as we proceed.

Have a great day,

Bill

A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua,  HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com

No comments: