Thursday, May 21, 2015

Happenings at A Place in Time

Aloha Everyone,

It's a bright and beautiful Thursday morning and it reminds me of a day in Oregon when it doesn't rain. In my last Blog I mentioned that Priscilla loves gardening. I found a photo of a Japanese Lace leaf maple that we had in our yard and I thought it would be fun to share.


Fran's class is on the 30th (Saturday) and there is still a few seats left. She emailed me this morning and said that her sample would be finished this weekend. As soon as I receive the photos I'll post them on the Blog. Please give me a call if you would like to sign up for the class.

Around my Laser Den, I have been kept busy with a variety of projects. Lately, a lot of people have been bringing in their Hydro Flasks for engraving. Fran came by and surprised me with a gift of a Hydro Flask in the pint size. I had not seen them before and naturally had to test it for engraving. The flask color is a beautiful golden brown. I chose to engrave one our stencil designs (Palm Moon B). I think the engraving turned out great. You can be your own judge.

The engraving is actually silver in color. The tone on the photo shows the reflection from my maple desk top.

Every once in awhile we get a request for a plaque. We don't carry brass in the shop, but we do carry a brushed gold acrylic. I prefer it because it won't tarnish or turn green with time. We will cut and engrave the labels to your specification. You can see a sample that we did for one organization below.

 

Name tags remain a large part of the work we do. Recently, I did a name tag using the black acrylic and gold fill. I think the combination of the black and gold has an elegant look.




Most of the name tags we do are still made out of the wood we carry in the shop. I had a call this week - more name tags for officials associated with USA Swimming. I've completed the initial order of 68 and am waiting for the lists from Kauai and the Big Island.



Because of the times we live in, I'm reluctant to show things we've done because it has a personal information on it.  The wood plate and the Hydro Flasks we did for the tennis coaches show the engraving without the names.



My thanks to Art for showing me how to edit in Photoshop and to Darryl for showing me
how to use the Macro setting on the camera for better/clearer close ups. 



That's all for now. I'll follow up in a couple of days with Fran's information.

Have a great day,

Bill

A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua,  HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com
website: go to google and type in laser engraving kailua

No comments: