Sunday, September 13, 2015

Happenings at A Place in Time on 13 September 2015

Aloha Everyone,

   Do you enjoy doing things that you had never done before. I find that I enjoy challenges. Perhaps that was one of the reasons I closed my construction company of 23 years and moved to Hawaii. A new challenge awaited me. I've always said "never go through life with blinders on - you might just miss an opportunity that was worth exploring". So when we closed the craft store, it wasn't a negative thing because there was the opportunity of expanding out laser engraving operation. Each day now is new and exciting because of the people I'm able to help.

One of the best parts of my job is that in many projects I get to work some pretty fantastic people. The Laser Den isn't large enough to stock a variety of product. When a request comes in for an engraved item made of wood, I always call Matt. He is a fantastic woodworker and every time he is involved I know the client will be pleased. You will see a sample of his work below.



We do a lot of work for the Four Seasons Resorts on several of the islands. Wet floor signs, Privacy Please door signs, Labels for the amenity bottles, Signage for the restaurant buffet line, and name tags are some of things they have requested. I enjoy the association because of the standards they have established for themselves.

Almost every day someone comes into the Laser Den with a Hydro Flask to engrave. Some use our designs that we developed for our line of stencils and stamps. Then there are those that want something more specific for the person they are gifting the flask to. You can see more samples below.

Rico came in with a request for the Senior Chief Petty Officer emblem on his flask.
Anything I do for the our military is an honor. This Marine has a high degree of respect
for those that serve our country
The "kids" have been taking turns visiting this summer and I had fun helping them
in the design of their flasks

When the kids are here I show them how the laser machine works and then I let them engrave their own flask. For the grandchildren, I do the set up and they get to press the GO button. There is a delight in their eyes as the laser works it's magic.

Anybody have a child in the Cub Scouts? My Stepson had me engrave this and was going
to surprise his stepson upon his return to California.
A Butterfly on a pink flask seems very appropriate.

Sometimes it's hard to capture the total engraving on the flask because
the image wraps around the flask. Here there are 3 flowers that makes a
very beautiful presentation - the photo just doesn't capture it all.

Plumerias  - the favorite flower of one grand daughter 

Well, your probably getting tired of seeing Hydro Flasks. If your looking for them check out the supply that Steven has over at the Kailua General Store. He's another of my go-to guys.



One family went home with baggage tags made out of black acrylic. Go Ducks was on the reverse side.


That's all for now. If you made it this far, be sure and consider taking Fran's class on the 26th of September. See my previous Blog for details or give me a call.


Have a great week,

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI 96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com
ptcraftshop.com

No comments: