Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Happenings at A Place in Time on February 23, 2016

Aloha Everyone,

I love February in Hawaii. We've left the sweltering heat and humidity of last August far behind us and I've actually used my sweatshirt a couple of times this month. Also, it's not hard for me to remember February in Portland, Oregon. It was really cold and you might not see the sun until March. I'll take Kailua and wake up with a smile each morning.

Fran's class is this coming Saturday (27th) and it's going to be very special with Easter just around the corner. The title of the class is "A Basket of Cards". In the class you will make a basket and 3 cards. You can see for yourself by peeking at the photos I have included below. The basket is super cute and can hold either candy or cards. You will make 3 cards using washi tape. The color of the cards may vary with the different washi tape that will be available for your use. The cost of the class is $23.00 and I believe there are still a few seats available.

Please bring the following supplies: Scissors, scor-pal or equivalent, pencil, ruler, eraser, adhesive tape, tacky glue, dimensional (foam) tape, tweezers (reverse action if you have them), Tim Holtz Black Soot ink pad, and a needle tip applicator (opt.).



FRAN'S BASKET

We've been super busy in the Laser Den. January was the best month we've ever had and I'm feeling very thankful and blessed. Every once in a while Art drops by and keeps me company for a day or two. I thought you might like to see a new stencil he designed and then engraved it on a hydro flask. he calls it a Dragon- Koi. The ying yang symbol is a nice little touch to the design.


Art's Dragon - Koi Flask

On Art's last visit he showed Priscilla and I his newest model - A 1949 Mercury. Art did an amazing job and he said it was his first attempt at painting flames. He plans on entering the car in an upcoming show. I know it will be well received.

Art's 1949 Mercury - notice the location of the side mirror

One of the best things about February is Valentines Day. Priscilla spoiled me with not one but two cards that she designed and made. You must know that I feel very special.


Valentine Card by Priscilla

Valentine card by Priscilla


That's all for now. Hope to see you at Fran's class.

Have a great week....

Bill

A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI   96734
e-mail: wotsearch@hotmail.com
1-808-261-2882
instagram: hawaiiengraving
                                                                                                                                                                                                             




No comments: