Sunday, December 5, 2010

DECEMBER HAPPENINGS vol 2







Tis the season where everybody seems to very busy. So regarding our Reindeer Escapes Contest, we are extending the deadline for entries to be submitted to Sunday, December 12th. That also coincides with our 2nd Sunday Make and Take. Voting will occur from December 14th until December 31st. The winners will have a nice new years gift to use.



As promised in my last blog entry, the above photos show Priscilla giving a speech to a group of entrepreneurs from Japan. Masako Formals approached Priscilla to see if she would like to give a group of visitors from Japan some guidelines on opening a retail store. My job was easy. All I had to do was run the power point slide show. This was something I had never done before, but if can handle a company of Marines I can do this. Priscilla did an outstanding job and she had those in attendance taking notes and asking questions at the end of her talk. A couple of things were interesting to me. First, the age group of those in attendance were very young. I don't think anyone was over 30. Secondly, Priscilla had an interpreter to translate Priscilla's speech into Japanese. This is where I had to smile to myself because I felt like I was at one of Billy Graham crusades. Mieko, from Masako Formals, did a fantastic job and she did it without having to consult a copy of Priscilla's notes . As a part of the demonstration, those in attendance had to make a pre-cut box and then decorate it with a flower. Priscilla brought the Eclipse machine with her to cut out the flowers. This caused quite a reaction from the Japanese visitors. They had not seen a machine like this in action before. After the presentation was over, they came up to the table and asked for Priscilla to do further demos. One man was celebrating his birthday, so Priscilla had the Eclipse die cut happy birthday in a scroll font and also spell out his name. Needless to say he was very happy. As I said, Priscilla did a great job and we both felt pleased that perhaps we were able to help these young people in a small way. As we departed we wished them all the best in any future endeavors.
Debbie West had her Recipe and Cookie Exchange class last night. The ladies in attendance had a lot of fun making the ginger bread house. But I think the most fun was when they sampled the cookies and talked story afterwards. Priscilla brought in some vanilla ice cream to go with the cookies. A fun time was had by all. I am here to testify that all of the cookies were very tasty. I hope Priscilla does this again soon.
That's all for now. I've got to go and take inventory on the new arrival of Copic Markers and glitter pen sets. Don't forget to get your entries submitted for the Reindeer Escapes Contest. A $100.00 gift certificate is a nice prize.
See you tomorrow

No comments: