Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on Sept 13th

Good Evening Friends,

Wow! I don't believe it's been over a week since my last blog entry. It's been very busy here at the store and I thank you all for your continued support. As many of you know, Priscilla is in Oregon enjoying the kids and grandchildren. She wishes I was there, but somebody has to run the store. One day I will retire and I'll be able to travel with her. Ha! I have to laugh because Priscilla went to her favorite stamping store in Beaverton and came away with the knowledge a new line of paper. It's already been ordered and I'll let you know when it arrives.

In the mean time, we are excited to once again have Lynell Harlow of Dreamweaver in our store to teach two classes. She will be showing us new techniques and products that she has developed this past year. Those of you that saw her at the Blaisdell last weekend know what the "students" have in store for them. New ways and materials give all of us a way of expanding on what we do and how we do it. I've been busy getting everything tagged and on a special display to showcase the sample boards and product. Some of the items are in limited supply, but I've prepared a form for pre-orders. Dreamweaver is one of the best companies out there in turn-a-round time. You have to check out the new foils: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Garnet, Royal Blue, Emerald, Hot Pink, Silver Bling, Clear Water, Clear Bubbles, Clear Cracked Ice, and Clear Stars. These foils can be used with stamps. That sounds way cool. Lynell also brought a supply of her new stencils for 2012. I can't wait to try them out myself.

For those of you that have been waiting, the Liquid Pearls are back in force. But they probably wont last through this time next Tuesday. I'm also looking at bringing in another supplier that has the metals and black in "Pearls". I think a Black Pearl would be awesome. Priscilla also brought in some of the Christmas colors in the Glitter Glue line. Yep, the holidays are just about here. The Liquid Pearls and Glitter Glue are going to look fabulous on this years seasonal cards.

Our newest stencil is simply the words "Give Thanks". This can be used all year round and not just for Thanksgiving. I also promise to have the "Witch's Hat" finished this week. If you have any suggestions for new stamps or stencils that we should make and carry please let me know.

Priscilla's Make and Take was last Sunday. She moved it from the standard 2nd Sunday to the 1st Sunday because of her pending trip. People had more fun with just a plain and simple brown sack. Sue took it step beyond and brought in some samples of what she did after the class. She did a great job of combining the embossing, the new gold ink pad we have, and the use of a few stamps. I wish I had been smart enough to have taken a couple of photos. Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown and just want to say Aughhhh!

Fran's class last Thursday was also a lot of fun. It incorporated a new template that we have in the store. It allows you to make a variety of money envelopes. It's also designed to conveniently hold a credit or money card. Check out the photo... the ladies really enjoyed themselves. I think we closed about 11pm that night. I enjoyed watching and listening. Fran has a talent for making her classes a lot of fun for everybody - from beginner to experienced.















One last thing, Priscilla's birthday is this Sunday (17th). She will not be back yet, but maybe I'll come up with something to help celebrate. Stay tuned...

That's all for now. Have a great evening and I'll see you tomorrow.

Bill


No comments: