Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on Sept 18th

Good evening all,

The week has gone by so fast. For those of you that read my last blog, you know that Lynell Harlow was here last week and taught two classes. As always, the classes were full and the ladies had fun with the new techniques. Lynell brought approximately 20 display boards with her and they are loaded with ideas for the card maker to take advantage of. Currently, Lynell is in Hilo teaching the crafters there. In the mean time we have the luxury of having those display boards in our store. They will be here until Thursday and you are welcome to take as many photos as you wish. Also, you may want to mark your calendars - Wednesday Sept. 21st at 6:00pm - Lynell has agreed to do a FREE DEMO on the use of a new line of product - Silver Foil. We are so blessed to have someone like Lynell as a friend of A Place in Time. I only wish she lived here. So...6:00 pm for those of you who want to attend. Also for this one night I will pretend that this is a class night. That means that any of you that attend will get a 10% discount on any of the Dreamweaver Stencils and Foil. And those of you that have the discount card will get 10% plus 10% on the Stencils and Foil. This will be a great time to pick up some of the "new product". I've included a couple of photos of the classes for your enjoyment. Over the next several blogs I will be showing additional photos. Byron may recognize his card.





















































Next up is Fran Kawakami's "A Year in Cards" class. This one she has entitled "Gratitude". You will be making 5 cards that definitely have a "local" flavor. The photo I've included says it better than I ever could in describing the joy you will have in making these cards. The class is beginning to fill up, but there are still a couple of spots. I may take this class myself. So give me a call and join me in the fun. Supplies to bring: basic tool kit, a "good" pair of scissors, medium brown ink pad and sponge, a double ball embossing tool. A rounded barrel pencil or something you can roll paper with. Fran will also be using White Opal Liquid Pearl, Crystal Stickles, yellow and brown chalk, and ink pads in the colors yellow, purple, red, and green (if you wish you can bring your own. So, Thursday - Sept. 22nd 6:30 - 8:30 pm is the date to mark on your calendar. The cost is still only $20.00















Priscilla returns from her vacation visiting the "kids" on Tuesday. She is so happy she will be able to visit with Lynell. When you see her Wednesday night you can wish her a belated birthday (Sept. 17th). Me? You know I'm happy- whenever she is gone there's a piece of me missing. But thanks to all of you that came into the store to visit with me - it made the two weeks go by very quickly.

As you know, I've been encouraging you all to make samples and bring them in so I can share them with everybody out there in "Blog land". It makes this blog that much more interesting if we all can share our ideas. Sandra, a regular in our store, brought in a card she had designed and was gracious enough to allow me to put it in the blog. She uses our recent stencil "Tree Nuts and a Canoe" . What I really like about this is that Sandra "thinks outside the box". Ha! If you look at the card you will see that she "sank the canoe" in favor of using a really cute penguin. It's a great card and she uses bits of glitter and glitter glue as accents. The penguin is given additional dimension by using a 3-d dot. I have the card on display, so the next time your in the store you can see it for yourself. Thank you Sandra, I look forward to your next card.
















There are several new things in the store. The Dreamweaver stencils (2012), Christmas colors in Glitter Glue, LIquid Pearls (you have to hurry because they are almost sold out again), a new extended platform with shim for the Big Shot (I really like it), and other items that just escape my mind right now. There will also be new product coming in this week. Priscilla may have been gone but that didn't stop her from shopping for the store. I'm expecting a slew (is that a word?) of new paper. Anyway, that's all for now.

I'll see you tomorrow.....

Bill


No comments: