Monday, December 5, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on December 5, 2011

Good Evening Everyone,

I love this time of the year. Decorating the store is like revisiting old friends that you haven't seen for a whole year. I'm sitting here with Christmas carols echoing a time that is both new and old. It is easy to become nostalgic as I think to Christmas's past. It was a magical time for my brother and I. Now I am old, but the magic is still there. Memories will do that for you.

The ladies that took Priscilla's Stenciling Techniques class yesterday had so much fun that the class ended up being a 4 hour class in lieu of the scheduled 2 hours. It was a first time for several of them on some of the stencil applications. I would wander from my desk and look over their shoulders to see how they were doing. I have to say that they all did great. I know they will continue to practice and maybe they will bring a sample or two that I can use in the blog. I could kick myself for not taking a couple of pictures

Next up for Priscilla is the 2nd Sunday Make and Take on Dec. 11th (2-5pm). I've had "Frosty's Diorama on display for a week now. Hopefully, people will be able to break away from their holiday schedule to have fun with this project. For those of you that may be new to the store, the Make and Take is free and you don't have to bring anything except a smile. We do ask, if you can, donate a dollar to the basket for the Food Bank. If you have any questions please give me a call. I'll repeat the photo of Frosty's Diorama so you don't have to search for it in a previous blog.























One of the elements in Frosty's Diorama is the use of Copic Pens to provide the color for the Sister's Stamp. Here is where I get to tell you about a new tool we have in the store. It's an Airbrush Compressor that you can use with the Copic Pens. And it makes blending colors very easy. Wow! I haven't been this excited about a tool in a long time. Art Hiu, our engraving master, has volunteered on several occasions to show how it works. Ladies who have never used a compressor before are amazed at what they are doing on the very first try. Art says "it's almost impossible to make a mistake". The Copic Pens "snap" into a pen holder and all you do is push a button that sprays the ink from the pen to the stencil of your choice. The result is a dramatic blending of colors. I've included a sample of the "Rooster" for your review. Until further notice, we are offering the spray gun as a free gift to anyone purchasing the airbrush compressor. The free spray gun, along with the use of your discount card, results in a $90 plus savings. We are taking pre-orders now. The first airbrush compressor lasted almost a full day in the store before it was purchased. Can you guess who bought it? It was a guy!!!! To my knowledge he had never held a Copic Pen before and his "rooster" was elegantly regal. The question is "will he share it with Melanie"? Ha! Come into the store for your own free demo.






















Another Ellison ordered arrived today and the shelves have been restocked with the Eclips machine, cartridges, and various tools. The popular Card Fronts cartridge is once again available. Don't forget to take advantage of the special pricing on the new eCAL software for the Eclips Machine. The response has been very good and please let me know if you want to be included. Right now the price is $29.99 on pre-orders. After the first of the year the price goes up to $79.99.

Priscilla has more product on the way and I'll let you know when it arrives. That's all for now - I hear the dinner bell ringing.

I'll see you tomorrow.

Bill
A Place in Time
48 Maluniu Ave.
Kailua, HI 96734
808-261-2882


No comments: