Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happenings at A Place in Time on April 28th, 2012

Good Evening Everyone,


Today was a good day. People were arriving at a fairly regular pace and it really makes my day when I'm able to help them. I've learned so much in the past 7+ years. One young couple came in and wanted to make their own wedding invitations. Priscilla and I showed them several examples and their excitement was truly contagious. They were especially pleased to learn that we could help them personalize wedding gifts and glassware with our laser engraving. I noticed that when the "bride and groom" left the store they were holding hands. Your never to old to do that. It brought a smile to my face.

Chris came by the store today. She wanted to share a couple of cards she made using one of our Sizzix dies. What was even better was that she brought a friend. New faces - new friends. Chris lives near the stadium ( I guess that would be called the Aiea area?). She also enjoys the recent opening of  "Whole Foods" in Kailua. It's only about a block away from our store. Anyway, I wanted to share the photos I took of Chris's cards. They are really cute. Monkeys, butterflies, and flowers are always popular themes in Hawaii. Chris has 2 of the 3. Great job Chris...

A beautiful flower - but the secret is in what's behind the flower when the card "flips"
A really cute monkey

By now you've probably read my previous Blog and discovered a glaring error. Boy's Day is not in June.... it's in May - specifically, May 5th (Saturday). I also mention this because Priscilla's "Craft Snacks and Tidbits" tomorrow will have you making a very cute Boy's Day gift card. Sister stamps, Copic pens, Flower die cuts, and a bunch of fun. Don't miss it. It's from 1:00 - 4:00pm.

Priscilla's class today was enjoyed by all involved. Where Wednesday's class was "loud" with laughter, the "Lei of Stars" was studious and filled with smiles of satisfaction. I offer the following photos for your enjoyment.
Debbie, Maude, Priscilla, Sue, and Mae - if you look closely they're all smiling

Not sure what Priscilla is saying here :)

Many pieces of paper, stamped, distressed, and captioned - all go together and make a  very beautiful  "Forever Card"

See you tomorrow....... Happy Sunday

Bill
A Place in Time
48 Maluniu Avenue
Kailua, HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
ptcraftshop.com

No comments: