Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happenings at A Place in Time on January 8th, 2013

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou everyone,

It's hard to believe the new year is here already. It's harder to believe that it has been a full month since I last sat down to write something. Maybe that should be my New Year's resolution - more entries into the Blog.

The most exciting piece of news is that we are going to start having classes again. Priscilla met with Fran yesterday and the first class for the year will be on Saturday, January 26th ( 1:00 - 3:00pm). The cost has yet to be determined and I will let you know when I'm told. The name of the class is Bird Song Mini Album. As you might guess, it uses the Bird Song Collection paper from Graphic 45. The paper has a very beautiful Asian flavor and I can't wait to see the sample that Fran is making. There is limited seating - perhaps up to 10 people. Ha! I have to laugh because I already received one phone call this morning to sign up for the class - and that's before I even Blog it. Apparently, Fran beat me to the punch on her Blog. The class will be at our new location: A Place in Time - 1079 Liku Street - Kailua - 1-808-261-2882. Please give me a call if you would like to sign up and, if needed, I can give you driving directions.



We've had a few people come by and check out our new laser operation and the new stencils we've been creating. Shown below are a few more designs that we have created. One of my goals is to modify our website and have all of the stencils available for viewing. That would allow us to sell them on the internet. Our newest stencils are as follows:
BAMBOO  FRAME
BUTTERFLIES  ARE  FREE
FLOWER CIRCLE
All of the above stencils work well with an A2 sized card, but can be used on larger cards as well. If you have a specific size so as to eliminate an embossed border - let me know and I'll customize it to fit (no charge as long as the image size doesn't change. The Flower Circle is an amazing design - almost becomes 3D when you view it.

Next in line for stencils will be a BANANA TREE, an ASIAN FAN, and a TROPICAL PLANT. Priscilla asked me what the tropical plant was. I told her I didn't know but it looks tropical to me and it has berries. I like it because of the undulating shades and shadows you can employ.

We are also working on an ORCHID FAIRY, a KOI, and a new DRAGON.

That's all for now. If you have the time, drop by our new place for a preview. Your more than welcome.

See you tomorrow,

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI.  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com

No comments: