Friday, August 23, 2013

Happenings at A Place in Time on August 23rd 2013

Aloha Everyone,

Does it seem like the days are getting shorter? I know they are and they are definitely getting hotter also. Have you ever heard the phrase "Dog Days of Summer" ?  Being as old as I am I have. Growing up in Portland, Oregon, my dad would always refer to the hot sultry days in August as the "dog days of summer" and no air conditioning meant it was hard to fall asleep at night. Do you know where the phrase comes from?
Like with most things it goes back to Roman times ( they had no a/c either) and the brightest star in the sky during the hot sultry months was the Dog Star. Hence the phrase. Knowledge should make you feel cooler at night.

Priscilla's class on coloring with the Copic pens was enjoyed by all. I walked into the class area a couple of times and everyone was so very quiet. They were intent on blending and pushing colors. I looked over their shoulders and images were fantastic. Everyone was doing very well. People will be surprised at the future cards that they make.
Classmates


Green Eyes and beautifully blended red hair


Green Hair anyone

As I mentioned in my last Blog, Fran's class on August 31st is sold out. Once I get all of the samples I will Blog the photos. The cards that the students will be making include wood embellishments that we make with our laser. You may not be able to take the class, but we will be offering the embellishments for anyone that wants them.

Priscilla has set a date for her Mini Album class. I have the sample if you want to stop by and look at it. Priscilla has done an outstanding job designing and laying out the various pages. There are numerous pockets or hidden compartments that can mount photos or have a special message. Binding the Album is very easy. Just use your Cinch machine. If you don't have one, ask Priscilla or give me a call. We can acquire it for you. Mark your calendar for Sunday, September 8th - 9:00am - 5:00pm. Yes, it's an all day class so bring your "brown bag" for lunch. There are a couple of places near by that you can get something to eat also. The supplies that you'll need to bring - I'll tell you in my next Blog. It looks to me that all you'll need is a Basic Tool Kit. The cost is $47.00. The following are photos of a few of the pages that make up the album - The actual album is much better looking than my photos.

FRONT COVER






Beautiful Asian Lady



We have been very busy in the Laser den. Electrical labels for solar companies and electricians, wood name tags, and glassware. We may have the opportunity to engrave 700+ surfboards for the 200th Navy Ball. I never know what will be coming in for us to do. Everything comes to an end. Art Hiu, my compatriot in the Laser Den has decided to retire at the end of August. He has been a good friend and a vital part of our success. I hope he brings his models over to work on in the classroom area. Priscilla and I can not thank Art enough for his help over the last 8 years. Whatever came up, Art was always there to help.

If your thinking of having solar panels installed and want a recommendation please give me a call. Priscilla and I are very pleased having made the decision to install a photvoltaic system 4 months ago.


That's all for now. Have a great weekend.

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua,  HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com

No comments: