Thursday, March 26, 2015

HAPPENINGS AT A PLACE IN TIME 3-26-15

Aloha Everyone,

Wow!  Has it been that long since my last post. Guess it has and I hope you all are still there. I should add to me new years resolutions list to be more diligent in posting. That said, we continue to be very blessed with good health and an active business.

There are a couple of things that I wanted to share with you. First, Fran is continuing to have classes on the last Saturday of each month. You can follow what she is doing on her Blog at "littlepaperstudio". Fran's class for this month is on Saturday March 28th. It's a card making class and you will see from the photos I've posted below, she done a great job creating some cards that anyone would enjoy making. Check her Blog or give me a call for the supplies you need to bring. The cost of the class is $23.00. There is still room in the class, so give me a call to sign up.











I like these cards because they have a universal design and can be used for anyone on different occasions. Make 2 or 3 of each and keep them in a file to be used when you just remembered you have to send somebody a card. No last minute rush. The other thing I like about them is that they are layered which gives them a dimensional feel. It's not just any old card you pick up at the store.

Secondly, people who come to the classes or drop by for engraving done in the Laser den often ask about Art. Well, he's still retired and takes good care of his mom and dad. He stops by the Laser den to visit and perhaps do some engraving for himself. As you may know, Art is a Master Model Maker. He has won many awards and has even been written up is several magazines that cater to model making. Most recently, he had a couple of entries at the Blaisdel for model makers. You can see his handicraft below:






The above is a 1966 Mustang GT-350. On this Art actually widened the body by 3 scale inches on each side. It also has a custom interior. I don't think Art ever makes what comes in the box. He's always making the model his own design.




The above is a 1937 Ford pick-up truck street rod. I would like one of these. For the truck, he used our laser to cut the wood for the truck bed, side stakes, and surfboard. He also widened the rear wheel fenders, chopped the roof, and custom made license plates for the truck. I believe the exhaust pipes he custom made also.


There are two more photos, but I guess this program limits the number I can post. Art's ability to get a glass smooth paint job is truly amazing.

I'll do a follow up Blog to complete other photos by Art and something I want to share with you,

Have a great day in this beautiful land that God created,

Bill

A Place in time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI 96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com


No comments: