Thursday, March 26, 2015

HAPPENINGS AT A PLACE IN TIME on 3-26-15 PART "B"

Aloha Everyone,

I couldn't post all the photos on the previous Blog so here we go.


Here are couple more photo's from Art.










When you visit me the next time you can also see a couple of models that Art has given me. Yoy may even see him helping me out.

Art  recently gave me a hand in installing a new laser tube in our engraving machine. After 10 years the old one was getting tired. The install can be done by one person but having that extra pair of hands sure makes it easier. An extra brain helps also in figuring out what the instructions really mean. Ha! Thank you Art. I am truly amazed at the difference in engraving the new tube provides. An engraving that was already highly detailed is even better now. Plus we can now do some things that we couldn't do before. How many of you have a Hydro Flask? I have found that they are very popular. Well, we can now engrave them and it's not expensive. I had to experiment and you can see the result below. On one side you have our design of the Mokulua Islands. On the other side (not shown) I engraved the Marine Corps emblem. We have a lot of images from the old store (stencils and stamps) that we can use to make a Hydro Flask very unique to the owner.



For our anniversary, I engraved a Dragon onto a blue flask for Priscilla. Sure am glad I married a Dragon. She makes every day a joy to look forward to.

That's all for now. Hope to see you on Saturday for Fran's class.


Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com

No comments: