Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Happenings at A Place in Time on June 24, 2015

Aloha Everyone,

I certainly hope everyone is getting acclimated to the summer heat. I sure appreciate the trade winds when they decide to show up. The air conditioning in my Laser Den doesn't care about the trade winds - it just runs and keeps me cool. I'm a lucky man. Last year at this time Priscilla and I were in Oregon visiting family and enjoying a bit of vacation time. This year we have the grand kids from Lanai staying with us until the end of July. It's nice having them around - it adds a certain amount of liveliness to the house.

Fran's next class is this coming Saturday - June 27th and there are a couple of seats left if you want to join the fun. It will be a card making class and you can see below 3 of the 5 cards you will be making. The list of supplies is as follows: 5 sponges or a Tim Holtz Ink Applicator or Blending Tool; Dreamweaver Palette knife (opt); Dreamweaver's Spreader or plastic credit card; 2-5 daubbers; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot and Walnut Stain; Versamark Ink pad; Dimensional tape; and adhesive.





It's nice to see that some of the stencils we designed, when we had the craft store, are still being used. Often a customer will come in to the Laser Den with a flask they want engraved and will choose from our large selection of stencils to accent an image they have in mind for their flask. Our granddaughter from Lanai is a part of the school wrestling team and she wanted to know if I could engrave their shark emblem on her Hydro Flask. I was up for the challenge and took a photo of her T-shirt and went to work redrawing the shark in the language of laser. It turned out pretty nice and she's happy as a clam. On the other side of the flask I engraved their family crest.






You can see that I reversed the image and she liked having it point downward

That's all for now. Our website is just about done and I'm excited to have that complete for people to use. Hopefully, with it operational, it will mean more business at the Laser Den.

Hope to see you Saturday, If you want to take the class just give me a call.

Have a great evening,

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua,  HI 96734
1-808-261-2882
email:  wotsearch@hotmail.com
website:  ptcraftshop.com


No comments: