Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happenings at A place in Time on 22 July 2015

Aloha Everyone,

Getting older is strange. I just had another birthday and certain things are becoming obvious to me. As you get older you get wiser - no, not in my case. I don't seem any smarter. You should look different - no, I still look in the mirror in the morning and it still cringes. You enjoy the small things in life - no, I still like the bigger slice of cake, 2 scoops of ice cream instead one, and bigger paychecks. Family means more to you - no, to say that would be admitting that they were of less importance at some point in time and that's just not true. The one thing that i find in getting older is that I'm less tolerant of stupidity and I'm more likely to speak my mind than just keeping quiet. And I don't mind admitting that I'm 39 years old.

Fran's class is this coming Saturday (July 25th 1:30-3:30 pm) and the cost is $23.00. She didn't say, but I believe there is still room to sign up. I have included a sneak peek at one of the cards you will be making. The supplies you will need to bring to class will be: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive of your choice (both tape and liquid), black liquid pearl (if you have) and a small dot template that A Place in Time is making for this class (not sure of the cost yet).
Fran's Card

We have been very busy in the Laser Den this July. Requests for name tags, electrical labels, dog tags, engraving glassware, etc. I think I'm having the most fun with Hydro Flasks and personalizing them for an individual or as gifts. Many people have used stickers, but they eventually wear or start to peal off. I included some photos of some recent work we've done.

The first two are flasks our grandchildren from Lanai wanted engraved. They've stayed with us several weeks this summer and it was extremely fun to have them around the house. The images we acquired by taking photos of their t-shirts, scanning it into Photoshop, editing out a lot of excess detail, and then engraving it on their flasks.

Makana's Flask

Makana gave this flask to her teacher in the Martial Arts Class she is taking

For Makamae's Flask we made a baggage tag that has gold leaf filling
Makamae's Flask

I thought you might like to see the set up we do prior to engraving the flask. In the photos below you will see the printed images attached to the flask prior to engraving. We do this so we can make sure the image is engraved in the proper position. The motorcycle is an image we drew for a client. The Honu Family, you might recognize as one of our stencil designs. I edited it so that it relates to the size of the client's family. All of this is "fun stuff" to do and more people are coming in to engrave flasks as gifts.

 


The last thing I will show you is 1 of 26 knives we engraved for a client. We had to be very precise in the placement of the name, There wasn't a lot of room to work with, but it turned out great.



That's all for now. I hope to see you at Fran's class and if I can help you with anything please let me know.

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI 96734
1-808-261-288
e-mail: wotsearch@hotmail.com
website:  www.ptcraftshop.com

No comments: