Saturday, August 15, 2015

Happenings at A Place in Time on 8-15-15

Aloha Everyone,


It's a beautiful Saturday morning. I'm getting an early start in the Laser den and I'm looking out the window at my little garden of foliage. It's a small garden and given the time I know that I could improve upon the design. But for now, I'm just appreciating the life the good Lord has given me.

Last night I received an e-mail from Fran regarding her class on August 29th. The class starts at 1:30 and will end around 4:30. This will be a card making class. Because of the requests, she will be repeating a class from earlier this year. Even if you already took the class, I believe their are a couple of new cards that are included. The class is limited to 6 people and it is already 1/3 full. The supplies you need to bring include:

5 sponges or a Tim Holtz Ink Applicator or Blending Tool
Dreamweaver Palette Knife (opt)
Dreamweaver Spreader or plastic credit card
3-5 daubers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot
                                        Walnut Stain
                                        Vintage Photo
Versamark Ink Pad
Dimensional tape
Adhesive of your choice

The cost of the class is $23. You will be making 5 cards and in my opinion Fran has done an exceptional job in their design. My problem is would I really want to give them away? See the photos below:


I think this card is exceptional. It has a simple elegance that I really like.
Embossed, colored, and the addition of the raffia is just that additional touch that sets this card apart.
Can you imagine the card without the raffia? 

The neat thing about this card is that you can play with the colors on the Humu and
the background lettering is so elegant.





It's nice to see stencils that Priscilla, Art, and I had a hand in designing still being used. Fun times at the craft store. Who would of known that years later I would be using those stencils in custom engraving Hydro Flasks. This past week we had a client call and was wondering if her business logo could be engraved on a flask. I had her e-mail me the image and we proceeded with the setup. The end result was a very pleased client. I thought it turned out great. I try to make the image fit the scale of the flask. So many places can do the engraving (maybe), but they don't take that extra step in designing it for the flask. I call it minimal engraving...looks ok, but it could be be so much more. See below and you can be the judge.

I think this would make great advertising for a person's company


You might recognize our pineapple stencil

That's all for now. Please give me a call or contact Fran if you want to sign up for her class. If you have any questions regarding engraving you can always contact me or leave a message at the Laser Den. I'll help you in any way that I can.


Have a great day,

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua,  HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com
ptcraftshop.com

No comments: