Monday, August 10, 2015

Happenings at A Place in Time on 10 August 2015

Aloha Everyone,


It's been a busy week, this first week in August. Is it really August? If I close my eyes and then open them I think it would be Christmas time. Anybody ready to think about that yet?

Well, I decided to take a break and make an entry into the Blog. Since finishing an order for 600+ electrical labels I'm ready for an hour off. When I finish this there are the ever present Hydro Flasks. Seems like we are doing about 10 a week now and that's just by word of mouth. That's one of the positive factors in living on an island.

My next project is engraving the Hokule'a logo on a hair-pic and bookmarks. I really like this job. It tests my creativity and I get to work with some really nice people. The project following that one may be Wet Floor signs for the Four Seasons Resort on Lana'i. How's that for a range in project diversity?

That's all for now. I wanted to keep this short and will close with a couple of photos. I know that Fran is working on her next class. As soon as I get the scoop on what she is planning I'll let you know.

Once in the system I can reuse the soccer ball and re-size it to fit the project.
The Pineapple is our stencil from the craft store.
 

For this engraving I had to draw a soccer ball and a volley ball 





Koa Hair-pic and Bookmark; you can't tell it from the photo, but the font (as small as it is) turned out especially nice.
The font size is 4.5 - that's less than a 1/16th of an inch for a capital letter.

Enjoy the rest of the week and I hope to see you soon.


Bill

A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua, HI  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com
ptcraftshop.com

No comments: