Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on November 8, 2011

Good Evening All,

Well, Halloween was a lot of fun this year. We even had some of you come to the store "in costume" to pick up a few things before the big party. I think people who live in this island paradise have more fun with Halloween than anywhere else. My memories of Halloween relate to those of my childhood. I remember dad dressing up as Davy Crockett for a dinner at church. I even remember him wearing a pair of glasses with a big rubber nose each Halloween to greet the trick or treat kids when they rang the front door chime. We probably all have similar memories. It's one of the things I appreciate about taking the time to scrapbook those events. Kylie came dressed in style and I just had to share the photo with you all.





















October is gone and it was a great month for us. I want to thank all of you who come to our store from near and far. Priscilla and I appreciate your frequent trips more than you know. Now November is here and lets see if we can build on the momentum that has been generated.

The first holiday to arrive is Veteran's Day - Friday, November 11th. Anybody interested in a Veteran's Day Sale? We have a good one for you Vets out there. All veteran's, active or retired, (this includes spouses) with a valid Military ID will get 10% off your total purchase. This sale is limited to items that are in stock and not already on sale. If you have our discount card you will get an additional 10% off.

As a part of the 3 day Veteran's Day Weekend, we will be having variety of happenings each day:

Copic Pen Demo - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 11:00 am - 12:00 Noon

Make and Take It - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 2:00 - 4:00 pm

Stenciling Demo - Friday, Saturday, Sunday 4:00 - 6:00pm

This past weekend Priscilla and I took classes to become certified in the use of the Copic Pens and Products. I took the Beginner Class on Friday and Priscilla completed the Intermediate certification on Sunday. The Copic Pens are a fantastic product and I feel that I've only scratched the surface of the product line's capabilities. You will also see we have added to our display case 42 additional colors for you to chose from. Mariane, the instructor for both Copic certification classes, showed us some amazing things. We hope to relay what we learned to you as best we can.

The last thing that I have for you tonight is more new product has arrived in the store.

We now have two new designs of paper from Basic Grey: "Picadilly" and " Little Black Dress". Of the two, "Picadilly" is more colorful and playful. "Little Black Dress" is subdued formal with the air of simple elegance that I enjoy. They both are two sided cardstock and the difficulty is in deciding which side to use. There are 18 different papers in each design to choose from accompanied with a choice of Brads, Rub-ons, 6x6 Paper Pads, Tithe Stickers, Buttons, and Flower Accents. With each arrival we have moved items around in the store to best display the products for you.

We have two new cartridges for the Eclips Machine. "Albums, Bags, and Boxes #2" and "Card Fronts" are now on the shelves. Priscilla has been having a lot of fun with "Card Fronts". The card makers are going to enjoy the choices held within the cartridge. We have numerous samples for you to see and I guarantee you will be amazed at what can be done.

In time for the coming holidays, we have resupplied the variegated metal leaf product. It adds so much life to your project and I never get tired using it. I find it to be simple and easy, if you haven't done it before, ask and I'll show you how. Even a Marine can do it.

Speaking of Marines - a very important day will be observed this Thursday, November 10th. It's the Marine Corps Birthday. We will be 236 days old - Happy Birthday Devil Dogs. "Here's health to you and to the Corps we serve....." That's the beginning of the 3rd verse in the Marine Corps Hymn. How many of you can tell me how it ends? Come in on Thursday and find out.

That's all for now.... I'll see you tomorrow.

Bill

808-261-2882







No comments: