Friday, November 18, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on November 18, 2011

Good Morning to you all,

It's been almost two weeks since my last posting to the blog. It's not because I've been that busy or that lazy. Doesn't it seem like the older you get the time just seems to slip by all to easily? When I was growing up the hours seemed to hang suspended. I'm sure mom got tired of hearing my brother and I lament "but mom, were bored -there's nothing to do". Boy, do I wish for those days to return. I always thought that as I got older I would have more time to do those things that I enjoy. It's a good thing I enjoy this job. The truth is it's not the job - it's being able to help those of you that come into the store and the things I learn from you. So, I have to kick myself into a higher gear and be more active in publishing the blog.

Veteran's Day weekend slipped by and several of you took advantage of Priscilla's Copic Pen Demos, Make and Take It's, and Stenciling Demos held each day. The store was filled with
laughter and good fun. By the end of the 3 day holiday Priscilla was ready for a deserved rest. I believe Priscilla is planning on having a Copic Pen class in the near future. I truly appreciate what these pens are capable of doing. They are a great tool for both the novice (me) and the expert (definitely not me). No wonder they are a favorite tool of the stamping enthusiasts. Their blending capability is awesome.















Next up is Thanksgiving. We will be closed for Thanksgiving. A day off!!!!!! What will I do with myself? There will be no 4 day weekend of for us though. It will be back to work on Friday. I've already started doing a little early decorating. Priscilla showed me how to make fortune cookies out of paper. Check out the die cut from Tim Holtz that offers a scalloped edge to your fortune cookie. I think they make great ornaments that can have a surprise gift inside. You could attach mistletoe to the bottom of the fortune cookie and hang them around the house. Hmm - imagine the fun that could be? Come by the store and I'll show you how easily you can make one.
















What's new in the store? We had a shipment arrive yesterday from SRM. Do you remember the wonderful acrylic tubes we had in the store earlier this year? They were extremely popular as everyone became very creative in decorating them. Use them to make great party favors or small gifts to be handed out at your holiday get-together. What's even better? They are available in 3 different sizes. To accessorize them, SRM also sent us several clear stickers for you to use. As you will see from the photos, the options for their use in a scrapbook or on a card is unlimited. See what your own imagination can come up with.




















The last thing I have for you is a photo of a card and tag that Debbie bought into the store a couple of days ago. I really enjoy these bits of joy that surprise me and offer inspiration for future design ideas. Debbie's card designs have a simple elegance that I admire. I would never have thought to use gauze as a design element. And the use of a single button is very effective as it balances the use of Liquid Pearls in both scale and color. Great job Debbie.






















If any of you are so inclined to share your designs with us - please bring them into the store and I'll Blog them. I think it be a lot of fun and provide inspiration for all of us.

Have a super day...... I'll see you tomorrow.

Bill
808-261-2882

No comments: