Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happenings at A Place in Time on January 8, 2012

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Sunday morning and Priscilla is making the final elements for her free "Make and Take It" this afternoon. You will be making a wonderfully elegant Valentine's Day card that will more than satisfy your creative juices. In making the sample, Priscilla uses the "La Rue Heart" and the "Heart Canopy" diecuts from Memory Box, and a heart design she found on the Eclips Machine. I guarantee you will have a lot of fun making this card. There are more elements to this card that I'm not showing you. I have to leave some surprises for you.


"La Rue Heart" diecut, "Grand Heart" diecut, and "Heart Canopy" diecut   - all by Memory Box



Manufacturing has been very busy in the early days of January. We've been involved in engraving trophies for a local dog show, glassware for 1st Battalion 3rd Marines, name tags for the Four Seasons Hualalai, and numerous stencils and stamps. Most recently, I had the pleasure of meeting Johnnie who works with lighting crew on the Hawaii 5-0 television series. They are responsible for providing the fantastic visual images of Hawaii that we see on the show. Johnnie's project for us was to engrave knife handles for each of the crew. Art did a great job and Johnnie has promised to spread the word. I expect McGarrett to show up any day now. Can I call you for "bail"?

Fran's 1st class of the year will be on January 25th - 7:00 to 9:00pm. The cost is $20.00 and you will need to bring your Basic Tool Kit. You will be making 4-5 cards that have the theme of "Love". I should have samples sometime next week.

Other classes that are in the planning stages are being designed by Debbie West and my Priscilla. Stay tuned and I will keep you informed.


"Twiggy Tree" Memory Box diecut and A Place in Time "Falling Hearts" stencil



"Canopy of Hearts" and "Twiggy Tree" Memory Box diecuts

The last thing that I have for you is a series of cards using different diecuts from Memory Box. I used to do a lot of woodworking projects. I liked to think it was 80% talent on my part and 20% the tools that I used. Now, I think it's just the opposite. Acquire the right tool and anybody can make these cards. Memory Box has done a fantastic job in providing numerous designs for your use. The timing is especially good with Valentine's Day just around the corner. The truth is that these designs can be used for many occasions during the coming year. Come in to the store and take a look - I think you will like what you see. Oh yes - Memory Box has made them very affordable also.


"Vivienne Butterfly" Memory Box diecut and "Dreamweaver" stencil



"Cherish Border" Memory Box diecut and  A Place in Time "Falling Hearts" stencil


That's all for today........ See you tomorrow....

Bill
A Place in Time
48 Maluniu Avenue
Kailua, Hawaii
1-808-261-2882

No comments: