Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happenings at A Place in Time on January 16, 2012

Good Evening Everyone,

I woke up this morning and discovered that the month of January is at it's mid point. Christmas 2012 seems like such a long time ago. And now Valentines Day will be here before we realize it. Christmas, Valentine's Day, and my wedding anniversary are my three favorite days to celebrate. This is true for me because they all revolve around the element of love. God's love, the love of family and friends, and the love Priscilla and I share. February also includes a significant date for us and our store. We will be celebrating the 7th anniversary of opening A Place in Time. So mark your calendars, Saturday February 18th and Sunday February 19th , and help us celebrate. With your help we have succeeded in surviving some really tough economic times. Priscilla and I are in the discussion stage of what we will do on that weekend. How many of you know that this is the Year of the Dragon? Probably all of you. I know it because I married a dragon. Ha! But how many of you know that there are several different types of dragons? I suggest you "bone up on it" because we will be playing a trivia contest with "Dragons" as the subject matter. I'm sure there will be "Demos", "Sales", "Contests", and other things to create an element of excitement to the festivities. I'll keep you posted as the "discussion stage" becomes the "reality stage". I'm open to suggestions if you would like to provide some input.

In my last Blog I provides photos of the cards you will be making in Fran's class on Wednesday, January 25th. The class is from 6:30 - 8:30pm and the cost is $20. The class is 1/2 full so there is still room for you. Please refer to the previous Blog for tools you need to bring and other details. Or you can just give me a call.

Next up, Priscilla will be doing her "Learn Your Eclips" class on January 28th (Saturday) from 2:00 - 4:00pm.
The class is "Free" and limited to 5 people. You will need to bring paper to cut, your basic tool kit and the tools that you use with the Eclips machine. This is a fun class - ask questions and learn some of the "tricks" that Priscilla has discovered.

February is going to start out with an exciting class by Debbie West. "To My Valentine" is a fun, colorful and romantic book for your Valentine guy, girlfriend, Mon, daughter, or best friend. Feel free to bring photos, memorabilia, and other embellishments to add to your book to make it even more personal. The class is on Wednesday, February 1st - 6:00 to 9:00 pm. The cost is $30.00 and is limited to 6 students (2 student minimum). The class fee includes book blank, paper and coordinating embellishments (rhinestones, ribbon, flowers, die-cut shapes, buttons and more. Some embellishments may vary from the sample, but will coordinate with the project's theme and color scheme. I have a flyer at the store that lists the essential tools that you will need to bring to the class. Enjoy the photos that I've included. Debbie has done a fantastic job in designing a truly wonderful book that will be enjoyed by both the giver and the receiver. Don't miss this class.





That's all for now..... I'll see you tomorrow.

Bill
A Place in Time
48 Maluniu Avenue
Kailua, HI 96734
1-808-261-2882  

No comments: