Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happenings at A Place in Time on January 12, 2012

Good Evening Everyone,

Fran was in the store yesterday (Wednesday) and said the samples for her January 25th "A Year in Cards" class would be available on Thursday. I can't wait to see what she has has designed. I'll include them in my Blog on Friday. I also have to correct an error in my last Blog. The class time will be from 6:30pm - 8:30pm.  NOT 7-9pm.

As many of you know, Tuesday is the one day our store is closed. Although we still may be "working", Priscilla and I try to sneak in some "fun time". This past Tuesday we decided to see a movie ("Hugo"). The movie turned out to be better than I had anticipated. My purpose in mentioning this is not to promote a movie. This all about the theater and the people who make you feel like family. Several years ago, the theater(s) at the Enchanted Lake Shopping Center closed. They have now reopened under the new name - Water Garden - Keolu 4. The theater has been tastefully refurbished and reminds me of the theatres that I went to before the mega-plex existed. This is what I call "intimate" viewing because the theater we were in seated 104 people. Ha! As a former builder I can't go anywhere without checking the details. The cup holders are in a different location, there are no previews of coming attractions, and even better - no advertisements. So don't be late, the movie starts on time. Priscilla and I had the pleasure of meeting Scott Daniels (owner) and his pleasant staff of workers. Scott was busy checking the carpet to see if it was properly laid. It was! His staff confirmed that the theater is family oriented. "You will never see an "R" rated movie here", they said. It gets even better. The cost for a family to see a movie is very reasonable. Tickets for Priscilla and I, plus a shared drink and popcorn cost us $15.00. It's a great value. I highly recommend the Water Garden the next time you want to see a movie. And spread the word - "family values" should be promoted.

The die-cuts from Memory Box are being very well received. In just 4 days, several of the designs have sold out. Many of you have asked if Priscilla will be re-ordering them. The answer is Yes. If you were in the store and found that a particular design was unavailable you can pre-order it. I'm sure that many of the people who will be in the store this weekend will want to be on the list. Give me a call if I can help.

That's all for now.........I'll see you tomorrow.

Bill
A Place in Time
48 Maluniu Avenue
Kailua, HI  96734
1-808-261-2882

No comments: