Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happenings at A Place in Time on February 10, 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

Today's Blog is special because you don't have to just listen to me. Priscilla recently made a Journal and I asked her to write something to get your creative juices primed.

PRISCILLA'S JOURNAL  - FRONT COVER

      "Birdsong" by Graphic 45 is a very dynamic design; beautiful double sided paper usable for most any project you have in mind. I wanted to make a mini journal and I also wanted to "play" with a new tool from We Are Memory Keepers called the "Cinch". I guarantee your going to love this new tool. So, I proceeded to "stage" the supplies I would need to make my journal.

Paper: Birdsong by Graphic 45 - Jasmine Dream, Harmony, Good Fortune, and Enlightenment
           Bazzill:  Raven (black). Rain (medium teal), Jubilee (purple)
           Stamps: Graphic 45 - Birdsong
           Stencils: A Place in Time - Falling Sakura PX616, Large Sakura PL-564, Large Koi PX620
           Extra Heavy Chipboard
           Ink Pads: Color Box Lime, Staz On Stone Gray, Memories Mermaid Teal, Versa Color Orchid and                       Cardinal, Delicate Golden Glitz
           Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry Glue, Scotch Removable Tape, Double sided tape from Scor-pal
           Tools: Scor-pal, EK Success Border Punch, We Are Memory Keepers "Cinch" Binding Tool and .75" wire, 12" metal ruler, Straight cutter, Scissors, Pencil w/ white eraser, and Dreamweaver stencil brushes.
           Miscellaneous: Small flat paper bag

     Once you start it is hard to stop, who wants to cook dinner at a critical design time of your journal? Covering the chipboard was effortless with the beautiful paper. To choose what will adorn the front of the cover was more agonizing; so many wonderful choices. I really wanted to use the border punch by EK Success; It allowed the background paper to show through. The fun part was re-purposing my little flat brown paper bag I saved. By folding the paper bag in half it created pockets which you then cover with the  "Bird Song" paper. Then I needed a couple bigger pockets for tags or photos. Creating designed "plain paper" was so fun with the Bird Song stamps and A Place in Time's stencils. Assembling my work of art was effortless with the We Are Memory Keepers Cinch Tool. It punched through the covered chipboard like butter and closed the wires around the journal with ease.

Well, I better start my birthday cards and work on my Copic coloring class samples. Call Bill if you want to see the Birdsong paper or the supplies I used.

      Priscilla

The following are pictures I took of Priscilla's Journal. It's really nice and the colors Priscilla chose are perfect for her.

Interior page with pocket

Interior page with pocket


Interior page with pocket and a page for notes. The page on the right Priscilla shows our new
  Koi stencil used with chalk ink to create a beautiful watermark

Interior pages accented with  the Birdsong Stamps

Interior  removable card.... The Birdsong stamps are special


Interior Tag


Interior Tag

We've been busy in the "Lazer Den" also. We are in the process of designing a new line of KOA jewelry for a local retailer. Most people, when they think of a laser machine the automatic response is engraving. It is also a cutting tool as well. A couple of months ago we used the laser to cut out the shape of the Big Island for the Four Seasons Hualalai to use on their breakfast buffet line. It's also used to make our line of stencils. We have colored sheets of vinyl with an adhesive back that we can make stickers with or lettering that you can you on your car windows.

Our newest stencil we call the "Heart Branch". I designed it not to just be used for Valentine's Day but for any occasion where you want to say something special. The design uses a basic simple heart, out of which is growing the branch of a tree. Dangling from the branch are several hearts. In my mind I saw the symbolism that out of your love (heart) grows the many things that you cherish. It may be your family, your dreams, your values, etc. I hope you like it. If sales are any indication people love it.


HEART BRANCH STENCIL  -  PL-570

The next stencil we've been working on is a Bamboo Background. As soon as Priscilla has tested it and I've made any changes necessary I'll put it on the blog.. If you have any ideas for a stencil, let me know and I can make it for you.

Well, that's all for now. Enough work on a Sunday.

See you tomorrow,

Bill
A Place in Time
1079 Liku Street
Kailua  HI,  96734
1-808-261-2882
wotsearch@hotmail.com


No comments: