Monday, March 28, 2011

March Happenings on the 28th







Good morning crafters, Todays offerings include 2 new hibiscus stencils, my discovery of how easy embossing folders are, and a new supply of the paper bags.

First up is the Hibiscus Circle. Art's new design for the Hibiscus Border has proved so successful that he developed two alternative designs. In the first sample I used white embossing paste and in the 2nd I embossed the hibiscus on the Big Shot and then used rocket red and cloudy coral ink pads to give it some color.


The grouping of the 3 Hibiscus gives you the flexibility to place the stencil anywhere you like on the card and it gives you room for other elements - words, stickers, rub-ons, embellishmens - whatever your creativity dreams of.




















I discovered embossing folders for the first time the other day. What an easy way to make a
very beautiful card in a limited amount of time. It took me less than 5 minutes to cut, emboss on the Big Shot , fold, and add the sticker. You can't miss with this technique. Come in the store and I'll give you a quick demo. The question I have is - where have I been all this time with these tools to take advantage of. You all seem to like it also - I make a sample and that folder sells out - I make another sample and "poof" it's gone. It really is quick and easy - and did I mention they are really inexpensive.

The last photo (as shown above) is an example of decorating a paper bag and making it into a gift bag for the new graduate. We just received the 3rd shipment of these gift bags in the store. They have been popular because they are very affordable and you get 20 bags in the package. In the example shown above, I used Martha's all over the page star punch and a Magenta background stamp. The tassels we carry in a couple of different colors. In addition to the spring and Easter colors we now have the Sakura design and a floral pattern. Oh -- we have the graduation cap as a stamp or you can cut it out of the paper that represents your school colors.

That's all for now... see you tomorrow.

No comments: