Friday, July 15, 2011

Happenings on July 15th

Good Morning All,

WE'VE BEEN INVADED!!!!!!!!! The Copic Pen delivery arrived yesterday and there are oh so many new colors to choose from. Priscilla , not only brought in 44 new colors to the store, but there are 13 colors that are new to the island. Now, those of you that know me, know that I'm a "little strange". I like the relationship of numbers and the words that people use to describe an item. The names of a few of these pens are intriguing. There's Atoll, Pale Blackberry, Ocean Mist, Ice Mint, Acid Yellow, and Hollyhock to name a few. Now we don't have a "ton" of each color. Because we want to offer a wide selection, we bring in a few of many selections (it also keeps the budget under control). You all know what budgets are? For those of you that have been waiting, we've restocked the shelves with the Glitter Pen Sets and the Clear Glitter Pens also.












I



It will be fun trying out the new pens with the new stamps from Sister Stamps and Greeting Farm. I'm a "Newbie" when it comes to stamping. I've heard people say "I'm no good at Stamping"!!!! Well, if a guy can do it, anybody can. In a way, using color on a stamp is no different than using your children's coloring book - all you have to do is stay in the lines. Now I don't mean to diminish the sophistication that can be obtained by you all that have been doing it for awhile. Your cards are beautiful and I hope that I can someday achieve what you do. The blending, the shading, the color selection - Wow - you all do amazing things with a stamp and a pen. But for those just starting out - don't be afraid to try - come in and we can play with it together.

I wish I had taken a picture of Fran's class last night -"Iris Folding Made Easy". It really turned out to be easy and the ladies had a lot of fun with the various designs. I overheard that some of the designs can be done in 5 minutes. OK - now I've got to have Fran show me how.

Fran's next class is on the 28th of July and is a part of her "A Year in Cards" series. Once I get samples I'll post them, but like with her class last night, the class can sell out before the samples arrive. If your interested give me a call.

Thank you, to all of you that took the time to wish me a happy birthday. July 13th was special for me. Priscilla spoiled me and some of you brought me some ono goodies. Thank you - Thank you.

See you tomorrow,

UB

No comments: