Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happenings on July 21st

Good evening all,

It's been about a week since my last entry so I thought I'd best get with the program. Blame it on the fact that I'm another year older n
ow and perhaps a bit slower. My thanks to all of you that remembered my
birthday by bringing in the ono goodies. Life is made special by the people who have come into our lives and share of themselves. I am truly blessed. I don't even mind getting older. It just puts me closer to retirement.

When Priscilla and I were living on the mainland, we belonged to a Hawaiian club. It was fun. Priscilla was in charge of the monthly newsletter. That wasn't always all that much fun. You see, every once in a while Priscilla would catch me doing something "funny stupid" and she would write about it in the newspaper. Well.... you see what's coming? At least I think it is humorous. Priscilla had told our landlord that she would take care of trimming the sticky bush
in front of our store. So, true to her word, Priscilla is out there wednesday morning, with her tools in hand, and "wackin" the bush. I got up from my desk to see how things were going and I had to laugh at what I saw. I don't believe I have ever seen someone doing landscaping in "heels" before. I know, it's a small thing (they aren't super high heels) but I took a couple of pictures to share with you all. Hmmmmm - I wonder how much I'm going to have to pay for this?

















I've been fairly busy this last week. The Sister Stamps, Liquid Pearls, and Embossing Folders are all but sold out. Just a few left. And our extended sale will end this coming Sunday. See the preceding blog entries for the details or give me a call.

The last class for the month is Fran's "A Year in Cards" on thursday July 28th. She has promised me samples soon and I'll share them with you when they arrive. Her class last week sure wasn't dependent upon samples. It sold out before I could post anything.

We are making progress with the "Mokes" stencil. It should be ready soon. Manufacturing has been very busy. Art is in the process of making another 400 name tags for the resort side of the Four Seasons Hualalai . On top of that Art is engraving surfboards, wedding glassware, making custom stencils and stamps, personalizing koa boxes, and replenishing our stock on the store floor. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

That's all for now dinner is waiting.. See you tomorrow.

UB

No comments: