Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happenings on July 7th

Good Evening All,

There are several thing to go over with you all. Sounds like the start of a board meeting - wrong!
Are any of you "numbers" people? Now don't get me wrong, numbers are just that - numbers - and they are fun to play with. Like today's date 7-7-11. I wonder if the 7/11 stores were taking advantage of the number relationship to their store? If not, they should have. Another date that's fun to play with is July 13th. Anybody out there know why? Stay tuned because we will have fun on that day.

Ok... First up is the Graphic 45 paper is tagged and on the shelves. As far as I know, except for a store on Hickam, we are the only store on the island to be stocking this paper. You have to take time to see what it's all about. I don't think I've ever seen a paper quite like it. The paper is fun, classical, and reflects images of a time past. The thing I notice the most is the very vibrant use of colors. For those of you that like decorating the Artist Trading Cards, this paper is well suited for you. The Card Maker and Scrapbooker will enjoy this paper also. It's perfect and it's two-sided.





















How many of you have heard of the Sister Stamps. Two sisters that live in Hilo have combined their talent to design and manufacture these really cute and beautiful stamps. Initially there are 3 designs, Kiyomi, Mei Lin, and Mei Li. The sample I show here is Mei Li. It's gorgeous and that's not a word I use often. There are 3 more designs that are being processed. I have photos of them and if you would like to pre-order them I'll give you a 10% discount - discount card holders, I'll give you an extra 10%. Lets support these local ventures. Money spent on an island eventually comes back to you in one way or another. It's when you go off island that the chain gets broken.

A delivery from Sizzix happened yesterday. Now on the shelves is Tim Holtz's Mini Butterflies Die Cut. You will like the shape of these butterflies and they are the perfect size to use with any of the embossing folders. Speaking of that, we Have Tim's Pocket Watches & Steampunk Set embossing folder. I can't wait to make a sample. People really seem to enjoy the samples. It helps them decide which to choose or in some cases makes it difficult because they are all nice. Ha! It won' be long before were sold out and I'll be bugging Priscilla about bringing more in to the store.

Don't forget!!!!!!! This coming Sunday is our monthly 2nd Sunday Make and Take. It's from 2:00pm - 5:00pm. It's fun and it's free. We do ask, if you can, donate a "buck" to the bucket for the Food Bank. If not....no worries. This monthly event is all about fun and it's a time when you can ask questions. Like - what's so special about July 13th???? I hope a lot of you show up and surprise Priscilla. She's had a "trying" last couple of weeks.

Last, but not least, Fran has her "Iris Folding Made Easy" class next Thursday (July 14th 6:30 to 8;30pm). The class is almost sold out with just 2 seats left. No, I don't have a sample yet, but Fran's reputation is enough at times for people sign up. Me??? I'm interested to see how this technique can be made easy....

That's all for now..... but I feel like I'm missing something.... OH Yes!!! ECLIPS cartridges. We have 2 new ones in the store. They are "SUMMER" and "BIRTHDAY PARTY/FUN TIMES. And the timing for getting them into the store is perfect. One of the images on the SUMMER cartridge is a barbecue - hot dogs and hamburgers anyone? I like mine medium rare. Ha!

That's really it for now. My thanks to all of you that take the time to write a note to the blog. I really appreciate it. Any suggestions on future product or new stamps or stencils?? This is your store. See you tomorrow......

UB


No comments: