Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happenings on July 26th

Good evening all,

Have you ever wondered what Priscilla and I do on our "day off"? Today was a typical Tuesday. I'm up at 5:00am and Starbucks becomes a stop on the way to the store. Then there's the morning paper work from the previous day. Priscilla arrives with a smile and we check out the new movies and the show times. Are there any errands we have to run? Our schedule is set and we're off. The errands are minimal today so we have the luxury of going to the 12:50 matinee. Have you been to a movie lately. A bag of popcorn and two drinks cost more than the two tickets to get in to see the movie. But still it's a "date" and we enjoy it a lot. Today we saw Captain America and it was fun and entertaining. After the show it's back to the store. Priscilla is doing thank you cards to the kids and I'm working on a couple of projects back in manufacturing. We'll probably eat out and enjoy one of Kailua's many restaurants. Thank goodness for spell check - I can never spell restaurant.





































I thought I'd share our two newest stencils with you. We are calling them the Palm Moon and they are designed to fit an A2 card. They haven't been "colored" yet, but that will happen tomorrow. On one I used copper embossing paste and the other matte white embossing paste.
I hope you like them.

Priscilla is way ahead of herself, she gave me the sample for August's Make and Take on Sunday August 14th. I think I'll call it Butterflies are Free. Priscilla's creativity amazes me. She used the Bead Maker template from Hot Off The Press to make the body of the butterfly. Without this detailing, the butterfly would be just any other diecut butterfly. Add a little wire and attach it a gift bag and you have a really "party favor" for your next event.




















Now for some exciting news! We have a great new pricing on the Eclips die cutting machine by Sizzix. This is the same machine that you all have seen in our store. If you've contemplated purchasing this machine, now is the time. Come on in and ask us about the details. You won't be disappointed.

That's all for now..... See you tomorrow

UB

No comments: