Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happenings on July 6th

Good morning all,

I've got an hour before we open so I'm going to try to make this short and "sweet". First of all, I hope you all had a great 4th of July. Priscilla and I did. We had 2 days off in a row and that is a rarity. The fourth was weirdly quiet with the fireworks ban in effect. Except for one knucklehead who just had to blow off one of those "window rattlers", there was nothing happening in our neighborhood. Not even one sparkler. Now I'm probably in the minority, but I missed the family fireworks. And that's all I have to say about that. Priscilla and I enjoyed the annual Kailua fireworks display from our kitchen window.

Speaking of the 4th of July, we had a sale on various items in the store this past weekend. The only problem was - except for a couple of people, nobody came to the party. So, for the "sweet" part of this blog, Priscilla and I are going to continue the sale for a while. I've noticed that there can be a one day delay in the transmission of this blog. Perhaps you didn't get the message in time. My fault. Check out my previous blog for the items that are fantastic buys. The only thing we are going to take off the list is the 40% discount coupon.

One new thing in the store: Graphic 45 arrived in the store. It's a two sided cardstock that you will find to be very interesting. The various papers have names like "Awakening", "Postage", "Enlightened", "Steampunk", and "Victorian Transformers". My favorite is "Communique Collection" and "Steampunk Debutante". Somebody out there, please explain what a "steampunk" is. I know what a "punk" is...... Ha! Guess I'll break out the dictionary. Maybe I can use it in my next Scrabble game with Art. Art does the New York Crossword Puzzles, so you know who usually wins.

That's all for now. Before I sign off, I wanted to thank all of you that have taken the time to send us your thanks for having this store. It mean a lot to us. We try to make this "place in time" a special place to be. Where I fall short, forgive me and I will endeavor to do better.

Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I didn't check my Google reader until yesterday and was saddened to see I missed your sale. I'll definitely try to swing by.

- Jenn

Marsha Fisher said...

Graphic 45??...whoo hoo! I "know" one of the members of their desing team...GREAT paper! I'll be in soon to get my "stash" ;0)