Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on October 2

Good Morning all,

The rain woke me up in the wee morning hours, as it often does in this island paradise. I turned over and went back to sleep with the music of the falling rain as a backdrop. I got up about 5:30 this morning and it was like the land had been renew with a fresh clean scent. The power of nature's elements leaves me with awe, a sense of humbleness, and the knowledge that there is a power greater than we are.





















It's only been a couple of days, but I just had to tell you about what's new. First of all we decorated the store with a flavor of the season. Priscilla's comment was: "It looks very festive". Hopefully you will like the decorations. I like the look - even if I had to get up and down the ladder "973" times. What you don't see in the photo are the bats and pumpkins hanging from the ceiling. I guarantee you will be protected from any spirits.
















And just when I thought I could take a break from checking new product into the system and finding a spot to put it all, FedEx showed up with a delivery from Ranger. For those of you that are Tim Holtz fans, you will be so happy with the wide range of selections. There are 18 different colors of distressed ink pads to choose from. This is the first time I have tried this product and I think it's fantastic. You have so much control over the intensity or tone within a single color. Priscilla demonstrated and I was amazed. I just had to create a project to try it out for myself. I made a Halloween Treat Box using our new Spider Web stamps, Tim Holtz's Candlelight Fright diecut (there's a great spider image in it), the Antique Linen distressed ink pad, and our template for the Telescopic Box. The paper I was a Basic Grey in the Hello Luscious line

The inks have interesting names: Aged Mahogany, Black Soot, Broken China, Crushed Olive, Fade Jeans, Fired Brick, Forest Moss, Mustard Seed, Old Paper, Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade, Stormy Sky, Tea Dye, Victorian Velvet, Walnut Stain, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, and Vintage Photo.
















The order from Ranger also included Idea-ology 3-D embellishments from Tim Holtz. These items would be perfect for both the scrapbook page or on a greeting card. I like the Sprockets and it would work perfectly with Dreamweaver's "Gears" stencil. There are also Charm Packs, Corners, Charm Clips, Game Spinners, Clothes Hanger Clips, Jump Rings, Key Holes, Locket Keys, Long Fasteners (brads), Mini Paper Clips, and Swivel Clasps. There is a new tool to use with the ink pads also. It's simply called an Ink Applicator and is used when wanting to apply ink to distressed paper.

We have also been resupplied with the very popular Liquid Pearls - White Pearl anyone? The clear and holographic embossing powders are back on the shelves also.

As promised I'm including a photo of Priscilla's Make and Take next Sunday October 9th - 2:00-5:00pm. She is calling it a Halloween Bag Topper. I think it's very creative and anyone making it will have a lot of fun. Hope you have the time to come and make one.




















I'll mention the Scrapper's Jam again in case you missed my previous blog. It's on Saturday October 8th (8:00am to 3:00pm). There will be numerous Make and Takes and Demonstrations offered by various vendors. People who attend have a lot of fun and walk away with some excellent buys. Priscilla will have something special for you to take advantage of. She will also be demonstrating many of the new products lines. The cost is $48.00 for a full day of creativity and you'll have a Continental Breakfast and a Wonderful Lunch to keep your battery charged. We have the forms in the store for you to fill out and send to Sally Pestana. There's air conditioning, free parking, a beautiful view, and a Massage Therapist on hand to relax the muscles.
















As promised, Release #3 of the Sister Stamps went out on the floor yesterday (Oct 1st). They have a Christmas flavor that is just perfect for your personal use or perhaps as gift for friends on the mainland. The "Sisters" have been very busy because Release #4 is now being advertised. It has a definite New Years theme and will be issued on November 1st, 2011. I've included a photo for your review and give me a call if you would like to pre-order and take advantage of a special discount.













That's all for now. See you tomorrow.

Bill 808-261-2882

Ps. Don't forget Fran's class , "The Coin Envelope Album" on Thursday October 13th (6:30-8:30 pm). I'll include photos in the next blog.

No comments: