Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on October 29

Good Evening All,

Whew! What a day - what a week. We have been very busy - I wanted to get the Blog out three days ago, but product arrival, classes, and the day to day activities of helping people and demoing techniques prevented it. It's what I call a good kind of busy and the time flies by.

First up is a photo of Debbie West's upcoming class (The Asian Sakura Journal) on Saturday, November 5th (5:00-7:00pm). The sample speaks for itself. It's a truly beautiful journal using paper from Best Creations. Check out my previous blog or give me a call for the details on what tools you will need to bring. The word is out and the class is beginning to fill. Give me a call if you are interested and I'll reserve you a seat. The cost of the class is $25.00. The Asian Sakura Journal would make a perfect give for someone special.




















We had several deliveries this week. First to arrive was three boxes from Ranger. I had to scramble to get the product logged into the system, tagged, and placed on the shelves. It's a great reflection on product when I barely get it out of the boxes and people in the stores want it. One way or another we accommodated them. The next time you are in the store you will find Liquid Pearls decorating the shelves once again.

Also to arrive from Ranger was more of the popular Tim Holtz Distressed Ink Pads. You will find all new colors to choose from. I love the names - "Barn Door", "Black Soot", "Brushed Corduroy", "Bundled Sage", "Chipped Sapphire", "Dried Marigold", "Dusty Concord", "Frayed Burlap", "Peeled Paint", "Pine Needles", "Pumice Stone", "Rusty Hinge", "Milled Lavender", "Tattered Rose", "Tumbled Glass", "Vintage Photo", "Walnut Stain", and "Weathered Wood". I just walked over to see if I had missed any and their popularity speaks for itself.

The last of the Ranger product was a resupply of the Ink Applicators, Applicator Felt, Sanding Grips, and the popular Hanger Clips. People who make jewelry like to use the hanger clips to display their jewelry.

A partial delivery of the Sizzix product line arrived yesterday (Friday). We are are now restocked with the Eclips Machine. Our sale continues on the machine and the cartridges. Our prices are better than what you can find on line and you don't have to deal with shipping.

Right on the heels of Sizzix was a delivery from Dreamweaver. We now have all of the popular Pastes and Mica Powders available for your holiday card making activities. Something your going to have to try is mixing the pastes to get "new" colors. I've included a couple of photos of Priscilla's recent cards. I think she has created a "new look" for you all to experiment with. Sprinkling the mica powders on the wet paste with a Q-tip gives the card a really elegant feel.





















Next, I need to remind all of you that the Sister Stamps that reflect the coming New Year will be on the shelves and available for you on November 1st. You have 2 days left if you want to pre-order it. Pre-orders get a 10% discount and Discount Card Members get 10% + 10%. Give me a call if you are interested. I think you will enjoy adding them to your collection.












We have been very busy in Manufacturing. Something new we will be carrying in the store are engraved Rosewood Boxes. The sizes will be 7" x 5" x 2" and 9" x 9" x 3". The engraving will be done on brushed gold or brushed silver and adhered to the box. It will be a very elegant look that you can personalize for the perfect gift. I will have a couple of samples for you to look at by the middle of next week.

The last thing that I have are "Fortune Cookies". Most of you probably already know about this, but I still consider myself a "newbie". Last Saturday Priscilla and the two girlfriends that she grew up with in Kailua went out for dinner. Priscilla and Pam returned to the store and played for a couple of hours. When I arrived in the store Sunday morning I found fortune cookies made from cardstock. It piqued my interest so I had to find out how they made them. Out comes the craft knife and I dissected the cookie. Ha! It's a simple circle with a "pinch" and "fold" to make the cookie. It's fun to make and would make a perfect companion to the engraved chopsticks. There is a Chinese Take Out Box for the Accucut Machine that would work well with the cookie also. Ask and I'll show you how.



















That's it for now..... I'm going to turn off the lights and make my way home. I'll see you tomorrow.......

Bill
808-261-2882

No comments: