Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happenings at A Place in Time on October 20th

Good evening all,

The past two weeks have been very busy. I apologize for my tardiness in updating the blog. It all began with the Scrapper's Jam on October 8th , the 2nd Sunday Make and Take on the 9th, Priscilla's all day stencil demo on the 10th, and Fran's "Coin Envelope Album" class on the 13th. During all this time, our Manufacturing department has been equally busy. Art has done his typical fantastic job. He just completed a job for an army unit who requested that we engrave 300 glasses with a logo and the title Oktoberfest.

In the midst of all this activity we have had a couple of deliveries.

First to arrive was a paper order from Magenta. It's a beautiful double sided paper from their "Color Me Softly" collection. True to the title, this paper has soft hues that blend and swirl across the face of the page. Magenta has incorporated elements of wistful flowers, leaves, dragonflies, and a hummingbird. What I find interesting is that the reverse side of the paper is as attractive as the front. Those of you that have been in the store have made it a favorite choice with your purchases.

Priscilla was quietly relieved to see that her order from Quick Quotes finally arrived yesterday (Wednesday). I spent the day entering the items into the computer, making labels, and tagging the product. Then the question arises - where do I display it? It took me half of the day to rearrange several of the product lines. The next time that you are in the store you will notice the difference. Ha! The question is - will I remember where I put everything. Part of the reason it took me so long is that the people visiting the store today wanted the paper and embellishments before they left the store. With their patience, we were able to accommodate them. I think it's always a sign of the acceptance of a product - it moves quickly. The Liquid Pearls are a prime example.

Quick Quotes has done an outstanding job in the design of this product line. The paper is double sided and it definitely speaks to you. The colors, tones, and blending hues is simply beautiful. I think a design is successful when it accommodates more than one type of user. Both the Card Maker and the Scrapbooking enthusiast will equally find this paper to their liking. There are several sheets that reflect a patriotic flavor. Those ladies who are scrapbooking their adventures in the military will find these selections very useful. Also available is a Double Page Layout Kit entitled "For The Love Of A Country". It includes chipboard laser diecuts, (9) different cardstock papers, ribbon, and embellishments. Completing the order, you will find an array of quotes on a velum overlay for instant journaling. Even my old Marine heart likes some these phrases. "Some people dream of Angels - I've held one in my Arms" - "All I need is the Air that I Breathe and to Love you" - "Nothing prepared me for you Smile". That's just a sampling. And the pricing is extremely reasonable. The next time you are in the store be sure and take a look.

We are expecting several other deliveries very soon. I will sign of this edition of the blog with a couple of photos. First are a couple pictures taken of Fran's last class. It was a full class of 6 and the "students" had a lot of fun with Tim Holtz's line of Distressed Ink Pads and the various tools for their application.

















Recently, Priscilla has enjoyed designing and making a very colorful mask. I'm not sure where she got the idea, she had a lot of fun in the process. I think that you will agree with me that she did a great job.




















That's all for now. I'll send this to spell check and see if I did a better job than I did in my last posting. My apologies to Tim Holtz and anyone else that I may have offended. See you tomorrow.

Don't forget.....Fran has a class on Thursday the 27th - "Christmas Tags". Give me a call and I'll sign you up.

Bill
808-261-2882

No comments: