Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May Happenings on the 10th

Aloha,

I think the hardest part of any letter or, in this case, blog is getting started. This time, I have the perfect lead-in: We received a call from Lynell Harlow today and she is going to be visiting the islands again in September. For those of you who don't know Lynell, she is the owner and designer of Dreamweaver stencils. Lynell has tentatively scheduled two classes - one on Wednesday (Sept. 14th) and a second class on Thursday (Sept. 15th). The classes will be from 6:30-8:30pm. What is she going to teach? All I know right now is that it will be a new stenciling technique. As I get more information and samples I'll update the blog. Lynell's classes are always hugely popular. I'm looking forward to adding a new technique to my card making.

Don't forget this Saturday (14th) is the Eclips Make and Take featuring Cherie's talents from Sizziz. It's from 1-3pm and it's free. ($1 donation to the Food Bank if you wish). The project will be a windowed box.

In my last blog entry I included photos of Makana and Makamae making Mother's Day cards for their mom. They did a great job and their mom was so surprised. Mom's are special and they will never get enough credit for what they do. I hope you enjoy the photos I took of them.

If you have samples of cards or scrapbook pages that you would like to share with the rest of us please e-mail them to wotsearch@hotmail.com. I'll withhold any names if you want.

We received a new shipment from Ellison/Sizzix
today. I'll try and have them tagged and out on
the floor tomorrow. There are 2 new cartridges from Eclips - (1) Cards & Envelopes and (2) Baby Shower & Precious. Would you like to make several different styles of cards (A2, A6, A7, A10 plus Cupcake cards and Purse cards) ? The other Eclips cartridge includes a variety of images that feature baby themes. They are extremely cute.

Sizziz sent us two pop-up 3D card die-cuts. If you like flowers, hearts,and butterflies you will want to add these die-cuts to your collection.

We received a Tim Holtz repositionable
magnetic die. It's entitled a Mini Cabinet Card and Sizziz also sent us a Crown, Medallion, and Scrolls die-cut set. Come into the store for a look. I know you will be pleased.

That is all for now, I'll see you tomorrow....

No comments: