Monday, May 16, 2011

May Happenings on the 16th






Good evening,

Horray, we've modified our blog by making it easier for everyone to know when the blog has been updated. Thanks to Patrick (our computer wizard son in California), you can now be notified by way of e-mail when the blog has been updated. Just click on the box, enter your e-mail address and follow the instructions. It's simple and safe and I like the idea of being notified so that I can get the latest information on sales, classes, and what's happening.













This past Sunday, our 2nd Sunday Make and Take on the 3rd Sunday was a huge success. I've included several photos for your viewing pleasure. Priscilla designed a really cute gift card that reflected a graduation theme. In reality, the Owl could be used for any event or function. The Owl, Scroll work, and Numbers were all from the Happi Shapes and Alphabet cartridge used in the Eclips machine by Sizzix. It took Priscilla longer to choose the paper than it did to cut out the shapes. That's a complete turn-a-round from times past when she had to cut everything out by hand. The Owl is attached to an Accucut tag diecut. If you didn't make it to the store on Sunday, come on by and I'll show you how easy it was.

I have another sample of a pop-up card from Sizzix. On the outside, I dry embossed a Dreamweaver background stencil and added a "Bling It On" rub on from Basic Grey, a few of the crystals and a touch Liquid Pearls as an accent. The interior showcases a "flock" of butterflies from K an Company. The butterflies as packaged, are multi-colored, have a touch of glitter, multi-sized and mounted to the Sizzix Pop-Up to give it a 3-D look. Do butterflies travel in flocks? I don't know, but there is a bunch of them in the package. To complete the interior, I used an elegant blue rub-on from Quick Quotes. I really like rub-ons. They give the crafter a really quick,inexpensive way to add detail to any card or scrapbook page.

















The pop-up card with (Sizzix) with Floating 3D Frames sold out very quickly. Priscilla is ordering more. If you want to be included as a pre-order, please give me a call and I'll put you on the growing list. Also, for those of you that liked my samples of the Sizzix Embossing Folders, we are ordering more and taking pre-orders on those also.


That's all for now. Please take the time to have your e-mail automatically notified when I update the blog. I'll see you tomorrow.....

Oh, Priscilla still has a couple of spots left in her stenciling class ($5.00) on Wednesday night. Please call me if you'd like to join in on the fun.



No comments: