Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happenings on June 11th

Good evening all,

Tomorrow is the 2nd Sunday of the month and Priscilla has designed a really good looking card with a masculine flavor. It's a card that any man would be proud to receive. Father's Day is next Sunday - you can do the Make and Take and then give him the card. Ha! You get to have fun in a social event and take care of the man in your life at the same time.

As I look at the card design, I can see how easily it could be modified to fit any age or gender. Just change the stencil your using and you have a card with a totally different feel. The Make and Take is from 2:00-5:00pm. First come - first served. You'll also be able to "play" with the shrink wrap material we have in the store.

















I was experimenting today with Art's new wave stencil. The image I show here is very simple to do. I embossed the stencil on medium weight card stock and then applied 3 different colors from our assortment of ink pads. Since I'm my own worst critic, I think I could have done a better job. The card needs an embellishment, a tag, something - I'll figure it out. That's part of the fun in creating a card. Tomorrow I'll apply mica powders to embossing paste and see how that turns out.





That's all for now.... see you tomorrow

No comments: