Monday, June 13, 2011

Happenings on June 13th

Good morning all,

Tomorrow is Flag Day... It was also my grandfather's birthday. I can remember him saying "it sure is nice of everybody to put their flags on display for my birthday". It brings a smile to my face every time I think of him and the "sage" comments he always had for me. I try and use them everyday of my life.
































Yesterday was our 2nd Sunday Make and Take. Using metal and it's possibilities in card making or scrapbooking is something I'm going to experiment with. I took a couple of photos for your viewing pleasure. The sample is on display. Perhaps it will give you idea for your own "Fathers Day" card. Priscilla had a couple of kits left over - she may put them out on the floor for sale. Congratulations to those of you that read my previous blog and collected your 30% discount coupons. Stay tuned and spread the word to your friends - there may be more.





















You all have seen our new stencil "Waves". We found if you turn the stencil into a vertical orientation it becomes an image of "Flames". I used yellow paste as a base color and then applied white, red, and cloudy coral color (ink pads). It's simple to do and I find it relaxing. If you haven't done this coloring before, come into the store and I'll give you a quick demo. The rub-ons as a background provides a nice highlight. It would have been easier if I had applied the rub-on first. Ha! The red and clear crystals also are a nice touch also. I think I'll call the card "Fire and Ice".

Art has made several new Father's day stamps for you to use. Next up - he will take a look at making a stencil of the"Mokes". He's also going to make a "hau'oli la hanau" stencil to complement the stamp that is currently available. If any of you have an idea for a stencil, please share it with me. If I feel we can use it in the store, Ill waive the set up fee.

That's all for now...... see you tomorrow

No comments: