Friday, June 17, 2011

Happenings on June 17th

Good evening all,

Today was a good day. The rain seems to have abated and people found their way to the store. We had people from Missouri and California visit with us. Each of them walked away with their favorite stamps and stencils that Art has designed and made back in manufacturing. They said that they would follow us on line and as new things become available orders over the phone would be forthcoming. It always amazes me that we have items in the store that I think would be standard to any craft store and people visiting have never seen it. Embossing paste to name one. What store wouldn't want to carry this "crafting staple".

One bit of news that I need to pass on, Priscilla will be out of the store beginning tomorrow to visit family on the mainland. She will return on the 28th of June. Never fear though, I will keep the "ball rolling" at the store in her absence. I hope you all come by and visit. Maybe I'll come up with a game or two while she's away?

I want to share something that Priscilla has created with you. She took the new McGill punches (Plumeria and Sakura) and combined it with the Shrink Film, Copic Pens, Swarovski Crystals, and an Embossing Gun to create some really beautiful pieces of jewelry. I've included some
photos for your viewing pleasure. I've got the samples at the front desk so come in and see for yourself. I think it would make a nice gift and it is so inexpensive.










































We also received another line of paper from Spicers. It is 12 x 12 card stock (80# cover weight) in solid colors and very reasonably priced at .47 cents to .68 cents. You can't beat that for quality 12 x 12 paper. You pay that much for 8 1/2 x 11 paper. In addition, the shipment included some 12 x 12 paper that has a very elegant background pattern in soft colors. This paper is a bit more expensive at .76 cents to .92 cents but well worth it in comparison to similar papers that are over a dollar a sheet.

I'm expecting the embossing folder shipment next week - so stay tuned. That's all for now.....See you tomorrow.

No comments: