Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Happenings on June 9th

Good evening all,

Hot Off The Press showed up today with a delivery of new and re-ordered templates. In total there are 15 templates to choose from. The Scandinavian Hearts template intrigues me with the different heart designs that you can make. A Butterfly Heart, Flower Heart, and Checkerboard Heart are among those to choose from.

A template that I will use a lot is the one called Easy Stitches. Use this template to quickly add elegant detail to any card or scrapbook page. It took a couple of people that frequent our store to show me the possibilities. Lay the template on the paper and use any color pen to follow the pattern you like.

Among the other templates delivered was a Bead Maker. Choose your bead designs from (oval, barrel, double barrel, wavy, short, and cone shaped beads).

The Lattice Folds template is back on the shelves. With this template you can create an interesting decoration to the folded edge of your card. We have a sample that makes it easy to visualize.

Fold-It Flips gives you several interesting 3D flowers that you can make. Speaking of 3D, there are templates that you can make Pop-Up Cards, Kirigami Paper flowers, and several different styles of large flowers.

I think I saved the best for last. Priscilla brought back the very popular Cupcake Template. This makes a great party favor. You can use most any paper and fill the finished cupcake with your favorite treat. It's not a huge cupcake so it won't cost you an "arm and a leg" to fill it.

You will find it difficult to choose which template you want to start with. But they are very inexpensive (less than an embossing folder) and they take up little room.

I'm writing this edition of the blog while Fran is teaching her Fabulous Folds class. I learn a lot from just sitting here and being quiet. Ha! They are having a good time. I think classes are fun because you learn something and it's also a social thing. I just chuckled at what they were taking about. Their response was to ask me if I had gone through male menopause yet? I told them that Marines.......well you can imagine what I said. I've got to learn to be more quiet. That way I become less of a target.

That's all for now....see you tomorrow

Ps. The magic word for Sunday is "Makana's pig". Use it and I'll give you a 30% coupon that you can use from the 20th - 26th. You can use it on any regular priced in-stock item. It won't be valid with any other offer.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: