Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happenings on June 23rd

Good Evening all,

Boy, with Priscilla on the mainland the days are sure long. I want to thank those of you that took the time to swing by the store and visit with me. It's interesting how the hours move faster when your busy. Ha! Priscilla made sure I would be kept busy by giving me several merchant orders to enter into the system. Bazzil, Graphic 45, Ranger, Stewart Superior, Tsukineko, and Sizzix are orders that are on the way to our store. Stay tuned and I will let you know as it arrives.

New in the store (as of last Monday) are new die cuts from Sizzix, Tim Holtz, and more cartridges that you can use on your Eclips machine. The Eclips cartridges include, Sweetalicious (no it's not misspelled), Basic Shapes, Edges, Backgounds, Critters, and Decorate Your Life Shapes. It's interesting that the prices on the cartridges have actually come down a bit. Tim Holtz entertains us with his repositionable magnetic dies. There are Mini Flourishes, Mini Lock and Key, and Mini Labels Set. Sizzix sent us three different die cuts that I know Priscilla is going to love. Her recent venture into combining shrink film and the McGill flower punches is about to be expanded. The die cuts include Primitive Hearts, Heart Lock and Keys, Sculpted Flowers and Frame. The packaging shows them being used for jewelry, but I think they will make really elegant cards.

Art has been extremely busy back in manufacturing. He just finished a huge order for trophies by The Hawaiian Kennel Club. Art made all of these from scratch. Art is such a wonderful talent. Priscilla and I are truly blessed to have him helping us. All those stamps and stencils we have available for your use, it was Art that designed and made the majority of them. Next time your in the store say hi to Art as you pass by the window.
















We have a couple of new stencils that we designed and made for you to use. One is simply the word Arigato and the other we call the Wave Circle. Once again, my picture taking is not the best, but I think you will get the idea. I "played" with the acrylic paint set in coloring the Wave Circle. It's the first time I have used the acrylic paints. I like to think it represents waves flowing through a setting sun. Change the colors and it could be a moon. Arigato works well with the Asian Girl in the Greeting Farm line of stamps. The Copic Pens were perfect for coloring the image. Let me know if you have an idea for a stencil - we can make it for you to fit your card. Swing by the store and we will show you how to use a stencil.

That's all for now....See you tomorrow.





No comments: