Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happenings on June 1st

Good evening everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that everyone is safe and sound. Priscilla and I had a ton of fun this weekend. Many of you took the time to come by and take advantage of the fantastic sale items. Whenever Priscilla puts the paper on sale I know I'm going to be busy. In addition to the locals, we had people from varying parts of the states. Florida, Utah, Arizona, California, Oregon, and New Jersey were all represented. It amazes me when people from much larger metropolitan areas (most any place would be larger than Kailua) tell me that they've never seen a product we carry in our store. It makes we feel special when I can share a technique or show how a tool is used. Now I know how teachers must feel when they work with their students. And to think back, my knowledge of a craft store was zero six years ago. Yes, it's been almost that long.

One thing didn't surprise me - The LetterPress Plates from Sizzix didn't last long. One week and were out of stock. Our patrons took to them in the same manner that they were impressed with the embossing folders (no pun intended). Priscilla's list of what she has to order is growing. Ha!















A couple of new items arrived today. McGill sent us two punches that had been on back order. One they call a Floriano - but to me it looks like a nicely shaped cherry blossom /sakura punch. The 2nd punch is a starflower, but it looks like it could be a 5 pointed plumeria flower. When you come in the store tell me what you think. I believe they will move quickly. Punches that reflect local flowers generally aren't on the shelves long.

That's all for now. It's getting late and my stomach is beginning to say "feed me". We are expecting additional shipments this week, so I'll keep you posted. Oh! I almost forgot -CLASSES.
Fran has a class called Fabulous Folds on Thursday June 9th 6:30-8:30pm Cost $20.00. Fran's 2nd class for the month is on Thursday June 23rd and is a part of her A Year in Cards series. The theme will be "Wedding". The time is 6:30-8:30pm and the cost is $20.00. Don't forget we will be having our monthly 2nd Sunday Make and Take on June 12th 2:00-5:00pm. As always the Make and Take is Free. Donate a dollar to the Food Bank if you can. No photos for now, but I'll post them as soon I get them.

That's really all for now. Thank you once again to all of you that made our Memorial Day Event a huge success. It will be interesting to see how all of you that earned your 40% discount coupons will use them.

See you tomorrow.......

No comments: