Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happenings on June 25th

Good evening all,

Just a couple of things to pass along to you. We received another shipment from Ellison today. It included what has become one of my favorite tools - Embossing Folders. If you remember about a month ago, we had them in the store for the first time. Every time a sample was made the embossing folder sold out. It was more popular than the Seven Gypsies product line. There was a lot of people that were disappointed, so Priscilla ordered more. I tagged them this morning and put them out on the shelves. If you've new to this technique, ask me and I'll give you a demo. It takes 5 seconds to emboss and you can have a completed card in 5 minutes. It solves one of life's issues when living on this island. 1. The time to do something 2. The space to do it in and 3. The distance you have to travel to do it. In the same box we also received the Tim Holtz magnetic trey for his die cuts. The Sizzix 3D Scallop Circle Pop-Up Card was also included. Do you remember the sample I made with the butterflies? Also we have the 12x12 two sided adhesive paper, embossing rubber, and the Impressions Pad.















One more thing..... I played with our new stencil (the Wave Circle) and created a moon in lieu of the sun. I offer a photo of my attempt, but you have to come in and see it for yourself. The photo doesn't do it justice. I used black embossing paste for the Wave Circle stencil. Once it was dry I colored it white using acrylic paint and stamping ink. Dreamweaver's Palm Tree border adds the charm and was done with copper embossing paste. I thought it turned out ok, but I think a lot of you can do better.

Priscilla will be back on Tuesday. Yea!!!

See you tomorrow.....

No comments: